"Martha Graham in A Letter to the World"

Photograph by Barbara Morgan " Martha Graham in A Letter to the World", 1940
I rarely post other photographer's work on my blog, but i just completed an essay on women and the history of photography and was freshly inspired by certain women from the 1940's who photographed the great dancers such as Martha Graham and Merce Cunningham. This image is so stunning. The culmination of two of my favorite art forms. I'm planning to do my second portfolio this year on dance and motion, with a more fine arts approach, and less technical rules, ha,ha!



3 Comments:
good evening leah.
i think the idea of your 2nd porfolio is excellent (you seem to have much skills with movement in your pictures from what i've seen) and i would strongly recommend you come and take pictures at one of "Bring it Back"'s shows... the kinda of dancing there is unmatch anywhere in the world, i can promise ;)
ask your fine husband, he'll confirm haha.
ok, good night.
10:42 PM
Thanks Jean Seb, I had never seen such dancing, Sam showed me some capoera type dancing ( he didn't do it he showed me some video clips online :) it is very interesting, it never ceases to amaze me how people express themselves through movement. I will keep it in mind. Take care.
9:06 AM
I Love the Ha ha at the end of this post. it feels like you are becoming an oulaw . Love you
4:02 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home